Home » World Youth » Grenada's Kirani James runs 45.24 to break World Youth CR

Grenada's Kirani James runs 45.24 to break World Youth CR

K_jamesGrenada’s young quarter-mile star Kirani James clocked a superb personal best of 45.24seconds to win the boys’ 400 metres and set a new World Youth Championships record in process. He, however, missed the World Youth record of 45.14sec, set by American Obea Moore in 1979.

"I am a little bit disappointed to have missed the World Youth best. I thank my coach with whom I prepared these Championships," James said afterwards.

"This is already my third medal after having won silver in Ostrava 2 years ago when I was 14 years old."

FULL RESULTS

Another Story about him wanted to run 44 seconds
Grenada’s Kirani James wanted to run sub-45secs in Bressanone

Photo: TrackAlerts.com

Comments

8 Responses

1. trackfan says:

This kid is unbelievable!! Every time he runs he improves, definitely one to watch for the future!!

2. Kelly says:

Right on that….What is the name of that other big name quarter-miler that won two world indoor titles?

3. bev says:

kirani you are bless keep trusting in God and he will continue too lift you up.That’s the way to go

4. devon says:

good keep it up going towards Grenada’s first Olympics medal

5. dutty glass says:

they can’t stop you we on the map now, let them hate it or love it

6. Gerald Francois says:

You have lifted every grenadian’s spirit.

7. Jacqueline says:

Kirani,
    I am so proud of you for being who you are a wonderful young man and that’s just the beginning of things to come. You have ignited a fire that anyone can achieve success once you set your mind at it. I read about you on Wikipedia and I was overcome with joy and tears be steadfast and do not forget your heavenly father he made that way for you by giving you a gift that no one can take away from yoy. God bless you always Kirani you are a dream come through for Grenada and the world.