Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

External news

Disgraced American sprinter Marion Jones works out with Pro basketball team

Track and field superstar Marion Jones’ bid to get her athletic career back on track brought her to Tulsa on Saturday for a high-intensity workout with Shock coach Nolan Richardson.

Jones was stripped of five medals she won in the 2000 Summer Olympics after she admitted to using performance-enhancing drugs prior to the Summer Games.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

“I started to think about wanting to get back into the world of sport last year,” Jones said after a high-intensity workout with Ashley Golston, Chelsea Ledbetter and Verressa Gaston and in front of Richardson and Shock assistants Wayne Stehlik and Tammy Bagby.

“I have an enormous passion for the game of basketball and I felt like I still had something to contribute to the world of sports….Read More

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

Put together by a member of the World-Track and Field Website team members. This is usually done by an in house member with able assistance from someone or an agency reporting from outside.

16 Comments

16 Comments

1. tony roots

March 8, 2010 at 9:29 pm

Marion Jones said…and i quote…”i have an enormous passion for the game of basketball”…..gee…were did i here that before?…..ooh yeah…it was in track & field….she had so much passion for track & field….that she couldn’t stand to lose a race….she had to do whatever it takes to win….or i should say…TAKE whatever it takes to win….she went on to say….she felt like she still had something to contribute to the world of sport…. well Marion Jones…i,m hoping that… whatever it is that you think you still have to offer to the world of sports, will be clean…. NOT CLEAR

2. BunnyG

March 8, 2010 at 11:18 pm

Her passion was for steroid. She just did not have the talent. What floored me after all this saga was seeing her on TV a number of times denying the drug. And the girl didn’t even blink. The only time I saw her blink was when she was being hauled off the slammer. All I can say is all you 10:64 and 10:67, you will be caught.

3. knowsitall

March 11, 2010 at 5:49 pm

Bunny G …cheap shot. All I can say too is that 9:58 and 9:69 will be caught first.

4. JamFlBoi

March 13, 2010 at 11:46 am

Knowitsall how about catching 9.71 1st before going for 9.58…lol.

5. minnie

March 13, 2010 at 5:37 pm

lojamflboi good one. the gyal have most of us defending her as she take down jesus off the cross that she was clean what a deception

6. stacy

March 13, 2010 at 6:06 pm

Marion Jones is as big a sideshow freak as Octomom. Both of them need to crawl back under a rock and stay there. She gave an interview this week saying that she made a mistake and that she’s paid her debt. I love people who consider years of lying and rampant drug use “a mistake”. What kind of pills do you have to pop to be that delusional.

What debt did she repay? The 6 months in prison for lying? How about an apology to every athlete she has robbed. Can she give them back their place on the podium, have them see their nation’s flag raised or hear their national anthem sung? Can she give them back the missed endorsements? Can she bring back the fans belief in a clean and honest sport? She has not begun to repay her debt. She is nothing but an amoral bitch who should’ve spent the rest of her life hiding her head in shame instead’ve being rewarded with a WNBC contract.

7. Nathaniel

March 13, 2010 at 9:23 pm

…..
    Dang!! So much for Marion rectifying her life, lol.
    Thank God for forgiving people who work for the WNBA.

8. stacy

March 13, 2010 at 10:00 pm

Why am I not surprised that you would take the side of the doper? Props for your biased predictability.

9. minnie

March 14, 2010 at 3:28 pm

SO RIGHT LOOK MANY OF OUR ATHLETES THAT WERE ROBBED OF ENDORSEMENTS AND PODIUM PLACES INSTEAD OF GETTING MEDAL AFTER THE FACT OL LYAD GYAL I HOPE SHE KNOW SEH SHE WILL BE WATCHED EVERY MINUTE SECOND HOUR

10. minnie

March 14, 2010 at 3:29 pm

BY THE WAY STACY PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT IS OCTOMOM LOL

11. Nathaniel

March 14, 2010 at 5:06 pm

Stacy, go watch a track video! 😛

12. stacy

March 14, 2010 at 7:57 pm

Minnie, Octomom is a single, unemployed woman who used disability funds to conceive six children via in vitro fertilization, and then decided she wasn’t a big enough burden on the state of California, and underwent invitro again and last year had 8 more children at one time so the press nicknamed her Octomom. She now has 14 children with no means of support and in her last interview said she hadn’t ruled out having more. Because of the bad publicity, her doctor’s license was revoked and there was a lot of other fallout.

13. stacy

March 14, 2010 at 11:06 pm

Nathaniel, I chose instead to watch Celebrity Apprentice (which I haven’t watched in years) because Michael Johnson is an apprentice this season. He mentors Jeremy Wariner and is giving advice to Usain so I want to see him outside the realm of track & field to see if he is as genuine and knowledgeable as he presents himself to be. But thank you for your suggestion (insert sarcasm here).

14. minnie

March 15, 2010 at 8:33 am

wow i havent watched that show in a while i think il tune in now just 2 see what he is made of. oh thank for the info on octomom this woman is crazy kids take a lot of money and time

15. Nathaniel

March 15, 2010 at 3:33 pm

Coincidentally I watched it yesterday myself, and I was appalled by the men’s choice in raising money, but in any event I think Micheal Johnson needs to cool it when it comes to writing these articles about what he thinks Usain should do. Usain will switch to the 400 at the discretion of his coach. Sure superficially, it seems as if Usain has gotten all a track athlete covets, an Olympic and WC gold medal and Wrs as the icing on the cake. But I’ve read articles on this very sight and elsewhere where Usain and his Glen have clearly stated that there is much USain needs to improve when it comes to the sprints. That’s both an exciting and respectable comment. Because 1) it shows that Usain clearly has faster races to come in the future, and 2) that he is a true student of the sport and genuinely wants to strive for the very pinnacle of professional sprinting, making himself a legend. U never saw anyone trying to get Micheal to come down to the 100 because of his amazing 200m speed and speed endurance.

I think Michael needs to worry about finding better ways to raise money for these charities and let Glen Mills deal with USain, and better yet, he needs to worry about getting his protege Jeremy Wariner up to speed

So you think Micheal was also a doper?

16. stacy

March 15, 2010 at 4:59 pm

I remember once when all the reporters were going gaga after one of Usain’s races and he said he knows his coach is going to point out at least 10 things he did wrong right off the bat. I’ve also heard a lot of other retired sprinters say that his technique needs improving. God help us when he gets it right. LOL. He’s going to force a lot of people into early retirement when he does.

I don’t think that it is Michael Johnson’s place to keep doling out advice to Usain but I guess if the press keeps asking him what he thinks of Usain’s capabilities and he tells them his opinion and what he would like to see Usain do, then I don’t see anything wrong with it, after all, we all do the exact same thing all the time without being asked. Mills wants Bolt to move up to the 400m and I’m sure it will happen when he feels the time is right. Not when Johnson wants him to. What’s strange is that I haven’t heard Johnson say boo about Wariner in a long time. Why isn’t he espousing the same faith in his protege?

Nathaniel, I don’t think Michael was ever a doper. He was very cocky and a media-whore, but not a doper.