STILLWATER, Okla. — No. 1 Northern Arizona cruised to the men’s team title victory at the 2021 Oklahoma State Cowboy Jamboree cross country meet here in Stillwater on Saturday morning.
Northern Arizona, which placed three runners in the top five finishers, ended the meet with 40 points, which was 22 less than second-place finisher and host team, No. 6 Oklahoma State, which scored 62 points.
Abdihamid Nur paced the top-ranked Lumberjacks with a third-place finish in the 8K race with a time of 23:40.31, while Nico Young ran 23:41.27 for fourth overall and Drew Bosley clocked 23:44.13 for fifth.
Northern Arizona’s next two scorers were George Kusche (24:03.07) in 13th place and Ryan Raff (24:07.34) in 16th place.
Oklahoma State was paced by Isai Rodriguez, who led from start to finish en route to setting a new course record when winning the individual 8K crown in 23:05.77.
Alex Maier ran 23:45.73 for sixth, while Victor Shitsama (23:58.55) in 10th, Ryan Schoppe (24:22.67) in 24th, and Isaiah Priddey (24:26.89) in 26th wrapped up the scorers for the Cowboys.
No. 12 Colorado, led by Eduardo Herrera who ran 23:36.80 for third in the 8K, finished third in the team scoring with 62 points, the same as OSU, Texas, which received votes in the last poll tallied 93 points for fourth, with No. 8 Tulsa on 117 points rounding out the top five finishers.
Meanwhile, No. 8 Colorado secured the win in the women’s team scoring, tallying 30 points after putting all five scorers in the top 10.
The Pac-12 outfits, coached by Mark Wetmore, got the better of No. 23 Oklahoma State, which scored 33 points with an impressive performance on home soil, while Utah Valley (104), Tulsa (116) and Texas (151) completed the top five teams.
Emily Covert ran 20:39.58 for third overall in the women’s 6K to lead the way for Colorado. Abby Nichols (20:47.05) in 5th, India Johnson (20:54.75) in 6th, Rachel McArthur (20:59.31) in 7th and Kaitlyn Barthell (21:18.97) in 9th were the scorers today for the Buffs.
Taylor Roe led an Oklahoma State 1-2 finish in the women’s 6K race after she stopped the clock at 20:25.88 for first place with her teammate Gabby Hentemann running 20:36.73 in second. Molly Born also finished in the top five for OSU, running 20:41.58 in fourth place.
Men’s Top 10 8K Finishers
- Isai Rodriguez (23:05.77) Oklahoma State
- Eduardo Herrera (2 23:36.80) Colorado
- Abdihamid Nur (23:40.3) Northern Arizona
- Nico Young (23:41.27) Northern Arizona
- Drew Bosley (23:44.13) Northern Arizona
- Alex Maier (23:45.73) Oklahoma State
- Haftu Knight (23:54.20) Texas
- Brendan Fraser (23:55.28) Colorado
- Yaseen Abdalla (23:57.46) Texas
- Victor Shitsama (23:58.55) Oklahoma State
Men’s Team Scores
- Northern Arizona 40pts
- Oklahoma State 62
- Colorado 62
- Texas 93
- Tulsa 117
- Utah Valley 175
- Kansas State 233
- Incarnate Word 295
- Northwest Kansas 311
- UT-Arlington 315
- Oklahoma City 334
- Oklahoma 364
- Oklahoma Christian 377
- Kansas City 470
- Clarendon College 508
Women’s Top 10 6K Finishers
- Taylor Roe (20:25.88) Oklahoma State
- Gabby Hentemann (20:36.73) Oklahoma State
- Emily Covert (20:39.58) Colorado
- Molly Born (20:41.58) Oklahoma State
- Abby Nichols (20:47.05) Colorado
- India Johnson (20:54.75) Colorado
- Rachel McArthur Colorado 20:59.31 (0.00)
- Kelsey Ramirez (21:09.63) Oklahoma State
- Kaitlyn Barthell (21:18.97) Colorado
- Hannah Miniutti (21:20.25) Colorado
Women’s Team Scores
- Colorado 30
- Oklahoma State 33
- Utah Valley 104
- Tulsa 116
- Texas 151
- Kansas State 174
- SMU 177
- Incarnate Word 275
- Texas Tech 287
- Kansas City 323
- Arkansas Tech 324
- UT-Arlington 343
- Oklahoma 354
- Oklahoma Christian 392
- Oklahoma City 396
Click here for complete results