The following are the results from the ADNOC Abu Dhabi Marathon 2022 and the 10K races, which took place on Saturday, 17 December. The event is part of the 2022 World Athletics Elite Label Road Race series and featured some top-name athletes.
Timothy Kiplagat Ronoh of Kenya and Bahrain’s Eunice Chumba won the men’s and women’s respective titles in the marathon, while Eilish McColgan (31:44) of Scotland and Morocco’s Anouar El Ghouz (29:09) secured success in the men’s and women’s 10km races. Read More: Honolulu Marathon 2022: The results and top finishers
Ronoh crossed the finish line in 2:05:20 to win the men’s marathon by more than four minutes ahead of his compatriot Felix Kimutai (2:09:32) with Ethiopia’s Adeledelew Mamo taking third place at 2:09:42. Contracted as a pacemaker, Kiplagat decided to finish the race and completely ran away from the field.
Meanwhile, Eunice Chumba, who finished in seventh place at the 2021 Olympic Marathon, came out on top in the women’s race, setting a new course record of 2:20:41. For her efforts, the Bahrain athlete earned prize money and time bonuses figures.
In the women’s race, second place went to Angela Tanui of Kenya with a time of 2:21:12 with Mare Dibaba of Ethiopia clocking 2:21:25 for third place.
ADNOC Abu Dhabi Marathon 2022 Results
- Timothy Kiplagat (KEN) 2:05:20
- Felix Kmutai (KEN) 2:09:32
- Adeledelew Mamo (ETH) 2:09:42
- Zelalem Bacha (BRN) 2:12:29
- Titus Kipjumba Mbishei (KEN) 2:12:53
- Dickson Chumba (KEN) 2:14:47
- Kenneth Kiprop Kipkemoi (KEN) 2:15:01
- Bukayawe Malede (ISR) 2:16:13
- Kelkile Gezahegn (ETH) 2:16:42
- Eunice Chebichii Chumba (BRN) 2:20:41
- Angela Tanui (KEN) 2:21:12
- Mare Dibaba (ETH) 2:21:25
- Rebecca Cheptegei (UGA) 2:22:47
- Meseret Dinke (ETH) 2:22:52
- Daisy Cherotich (KEN) 2:25:30
- Tsige Haileslase (ETH) 2:27:06
- Gada Bontu Bekele (ETH) 2:36:16