AUSTIN, Texas (March 22) – Meet director Andrew Klingsporn, has announced the University/Collegiate heptathlon and decathlon fields for the 95th Clyde Littlefield Texas Relays presented by Truist. The multis events at this year’s meeting are scheduled to take place from March 29 to March 30th at Mike A. Myers Stadium.
Prepare for an adrenaline-fueled event as several top athletes go head-to-head in the University/Collegiate heptathlon and decathlon at the upcoming 95th Clyde Littlefield Texas Relays.
NCAA pentathlon champion Jadin O’Brien leads women’s heptathlon field at Texas Relays
The women’s heptathlon will include Jadin O’Brien from Notre Dame, who is coming off a successful indoor campaign where she won the NCAA pentathlon championship in 2023 and set a new personal best in the process. – Read more: Notre Dame’s Jadin O’Brien wins NCAA Indoor Championships Pentathlon with 4512pts
Sterling Lester of Florida, who was fourth indoors behind O’Brien with a PB as well, plus home favorite Kristine Blazevica from Texas, who finished fifth at the Indoor Championships, and Izzy Gourdos of Harvard, who finished 11th, are also among the leading enttrants.
Anna Hall from Florida set a the Texas Relays heptathlon record last season, scoring 6,412 points on her way to securing a dominant victory.
Leo Neugebauer to challenge Lindon Victor Texas Relays record?
Meanwhile, Leo Neugebauer, who set a program record score of 6,214 points and finished third at the 2023 NCAA Indoor Championships, will lead the decathlon field as he seeks to defend his title. Along with 12 others, Dallin Walburn, the All-American from BYU, Joseph Keys from Texas Tech, and Jack Turner from UTSA will also compete in the event.
The Texas Relays record for the decathlon was by Lindon Victor from Texas A&M in 2017 when he tallied 8,472 points. Neugebauer’s personal best is 8362
Texas Relays Women Heptathlon and Men Decathlon Fields
Women Heptathlon Univ/Coll
- Dominique Biron SR from Northeastern
- Kristine Blazevica JR from Texas
- Alaina Brady SO from Notre Dame
- Bryanna Craig FR from Purdue
- G’Auna Edwards JR from Texas A&M
- Izzy Goudros SO from Harvard
- Sterling Lester SR from Florida
- Anneke Moersdorf JR from Oregon State
- Jadin O’Brien SO from Notre Dame
- Kristen O’Handley SR from Tulane
- Ariel Pedigo SO from Oklahoma
- Margot Temines SR from Tulane
- Joniar Thomas SO from Texas A&M
- Elise Ulseth JR from North Dakota
- Hanna-Mai Vaikla SR from South Alabama
- Annika Williams JR from Kentucky
Men Decathlon Univ/Coll:
- Ben Barton SO BYU
- Kelmen deCarvalho FR Harding
- Thatcher Frankfather FR Texas A&M
- Nikolaj Groenbech SO Oklahoma
- Landon Helms FR Texas A&M
- Isaiah Hudgens JR Incarnate Word
- Alexander Jung SO Kansas
- Paul Kallenberg SO Louisville
- Joseph Keys SR Texas Tech
- Joel McFarlane JR UTSA
- Trey Miller SR Central Missouri
- Leo Neugebauer JR Texas
- Sebastian Reyneke SO South Alabama
- Jack Turner JR UTSA
- Dallin Vorkink SR BYU
- Lee Walburn JR Washington State