An exciting women’s 100-meter field has been assembled for the USATF Los Angeles Grand Prix – World Athletics Continental Tour Gold meeting in Los Angeles on Saturday (27). Here is the start list for the two heats. Three of the top sprinters from the United States, Sha’Carri Richardson, Gabby Thomas, and Aleia Hobbs, will battle each other in the event for early-season bragging rights.
Live streaming of the event will be available on the World Athletics YouTube channel worldwide for free. Fans in the United States can also watch the coverage on NBC, NBC Sports App, and Peacock. – Read Also: Christian Coleman vs Oblique Seville vs Ackeem Blake: Racers Grand Prix 100m
The star-studded first heat will include Sha’Carri Richardson and Gabby Thomas, starting in lanes five and seven respectively. Richardson, who has recorded the fastest time under all conditions this year with 10.57 seconds, enters this weekend’s showdown as the world leader with a legal wind reading. She recently won the Diamond League meeting in Doha with a time of 10.76 seconds at the beginning of May.
Thomas, on the other hand, has been in excellent form in both the 200m and 400m events this season. She aims to improve on her best time of 11.09 seconds in 2023 and even lower her personal best of 11.00 seconds.
Heat One also includes the reigning US champion, Melissa Jefferson, and Alana Reid of Jamaica, who is the fastest world U20 sprinter this year. Reid has a personal and season best time of 10.92 seconds.
Meanwhile, Aleia Hobbs leads the field in heat two. She also enters this weekend’s showdown in great form alongside compatriot Sha’Carri Richardson, having achieved a season best time of 10.86 seconds, which is the fifth-fastest this season. Hobbs has also clocked 10.87, 10.93, and 10.99 in her early 2023 campaign.
Hobbs will face tough competition from Marie-Josee Ta Lou of the Ivory Coast, who has already posted a swift time of 10.78 seconds. Shashalee Forbes of Jamaica, coming off a big personal best of 10.98 seconds last week, will also be competing, along with her fellow Jamaicans Briana Williams, Ashanti Moore, and Kiara Grant.
Women’s 100m start list – USATF Los Angeles Grand Prix
- USA – Javianne Oliver (PB: 10.95, SB: 11.40)
- USA – English Gardner (PB: 10.74, SB: 11.13)
- USA – Celera Barnes (PB: 10.94, SB: 11.01)
- JAM – Alana Reid (PB: 10.92, SB: 10.92)
- USA – Sha’Carri Richardson (PB: 10.72, SB: 10.76)
- USA – Morolake Akinosun (PB: 10.95, SB: 10.95)
- USA – Gabrielle Thomas (PB: 11.00, SB: 11.09)
- USA – Melissa Jefferson (PB: 10.82, SB: 11.16)
- JAM – Briana Williams (PB: 10.94, SB: 11.34)
- JAM – Ashanti Moore (PB: 11.10, SB: 11.12)
- JAM – Kiara Grant (PB: 10.99, SB: 10.99)
- USA – Aleia Hobbs (PB: 10.81, SB: 10.86)
- CIV – Marie-Josee Ta Lou (PB: 10.72, SB: 10.78)
- JAM – Shashalee Forbes (PB: 10.98, SB: 10.98)
- USA – Mikiah Brisco (PB: 10.96, SB: 11.12)
- USA – Shannon Ray (PB: 11.09, SB: 11.24)