The Bislett Games in Oslo Diamond League Meeting on June 15th, 2023, will feature a strong men’s 400m hurdles field, which is expected to be a highly competitive race. The entry list includes some of the world’s top athletes, including world record holder Karsten Warholm, who will be competing in his home country. Here is a preview of the race:
Athletes to Watch at Bislett Games
- Karsten Warholm (NOR): The current world record holder in the 400m hurdles and is considered the favorite to triumph in his outdoor season debut. After winning the European Indoor season to work on his fitness from a long winter preparations, Warholm will be looking to regain his best form ahead of a big year. Warholm is the Olympic champion from Tokyo 2021 and owns the world record with a personal best time of 45.94 seconds. – Read more: Karsten Warholm headlines Oslo Diamond League 400m hurdles field
- CJ Allen (USA): Allen has a season and personal best time of 47.91 and is expected to be a strong contender in the race. He has won three straight and clocked 47.97 secs to win the Paris Diamond League title. All three of his sub-48 seconds performances were achieved this year.
- Trevor Bassitt (USA): Bassitt has a personal best time of 47.39 and is known for his strong finishes. The world championships bronze medalist a season best time of 48.28 seconds
- Wilfried Happio (FRA): Happio has a season best time of 48.26 and a personal best time of 47.41. He’s the European silver medalist and the fourth-place finisher at Oregon 22 at the world championships.
- Khallifah Rosser (USA): Rosser has a season best time of 48.60 and a personal best time of 47.59. He was the 5th place finisher at the world championships in Oregon last summer and has the ability to run fast when he’s prepared.
Bislett Games Men’s 400m hurdles Predictions
Karsten Warholm is the clear favorite to win the race, given his impressive track record and home-field advantage. However, the other athletes on the entry list are also strong contenders and could potentially challenge Norwegian for the win.
“My hunger to win is what gives me the most advantage. I am willing to do the job that it takes to get out there,” Warholm said at the press conference on Wednesday.
He added though, “It is really important to remember why we do this. Sometimes you can get carried away with world records, championships, PBs and so on but it is important to enjoy it and remember the fun.”
CJ Allen and Trevor Bassitt are both capable of running sub-48 second times, while Wilfried Happio is the dark horse and has the potential to surprise everyone with a strong performance.
The men’s 400m hurdles at the Oslo Diamond League Meeting on June 15th, 2023, is shaping up to be an exciting race. With Karsten Warholm leading the pack, the other athletes will be looking to challenge him for the win. Fans of track and field will not want to miss this event.
Complete Entry List
- CJ Allen (USA): SB 47.91, PB 47.91
- Trevor Bassitt (USA): SB 48.28, PB 47.39
- Yasmani Copello (TUR): SB 49.25, PB 47.81
- Wilfried Happio (FRA): SB 48.26, PB 47.41
- Khallifah Rosser (USA): SB 48.60, PB 47.59
- Ludvy Vaillant (FRA): SB 48.50, PB 48.26
- Karsten Warholm (NOR): SB 45.94
- Julien Watrin (BEL): SB 49.79, PB 48.66