SILESIA, Poland – The Wanda Diamond League is set to make its return this Sunday (16), featuring a star-studded lineup of athletes, including pole vault world record holders Mondo Duplantis and Wayde Van Niekerk, and world sprint champions Shericka Jackson, and champion Fred Kerley. The athletes are gearing up for the series finale slated for September 16-17th.
The Kamila Skolimowska Memorial Meeting in Silesia will be hosting the Diamond League for the second time in its history. The event is anticipated with high expectations following the successful 2022 edition at the Slaski Stadion, where Duplantis and others made their mark.
The pre-meeting press conference is scheduled to be livestreamed on the Wanda Diamond League YouTube page from 14:30 local time (GMT+2), or 8:30 a.m. ET in the United States on Saturday.
The lineup for the Silesia Diamond League press conference includes:
- Shericka Jackson (JAM, 100m), the reigning world champion in the 200m and the current world leader in 2023 in the women’s 100m, clocking 10.65 seconds at the Jamaica Track and Field Championships.
- Wayde Van Niekerk (RSA, 400m), the world 400m record holder and the second-fastest men’s 400m runner this season.
- Fred Kerley (USA, 100m), the world champion in the 100m, who clinched his title in Oregon in 2022.
- Jakob Ingebrigtsen (NOR, 1500m), the Olympic champion in the men’s 1500m and dominant force on the Diamond League circuit this season.
The Silesia Diamond League field events will feature:
- Mondo Duplantis (SWE, pole vault), the World and Olympic pole vault champion.
- Ryan Crouser (USA, shot put), the Olympic and world shot put champion.
- Mutaz Essa Barshim (QAT, high jump), the Olympic high jump gold medalist who shared the gold medal with Gianmarco Tamberi at the Tokyo Games.
- Gianmarco Tamberi (ITA, high jump), the co-gold medalist with Barshim at the Tokyo Games, who recently helped Italy to the European Athletics Team Championships title.