(Sept. 25) — Wanda Diamond League heads have unveiled the 2024 meeting calendar, a mere seven days after wrapping up the 2023 season. The forthcoming schedule features 15 events, including 14 regular-season meetings and a two-day finale set for Brussels.
In a departure from tradition, the 2024 season will commence in China, with the first meeting in Xiamen on April 20, followed by Shanghai on April 27. The season will then proceed to its customary opener in Doha on May 10 and continue with Rabat on May 19.
The Prefontaine Classic in Eugene is slated for May 25, after which the series will transition to Europe until its conclusion.
The calendar also accommodates a month-long hiatus for the Paris Olympics and additional breaks for the European Athletics Championships and the USA Olympic Trials.
2024 Wanda Diamond League Schedule Detailed
- Xiamen, China: April 20
- Shanghai, China: April 27
- Doha, Qatar: May 10
- Rabat, Morocco: May 19
- Eugene, USA: May 25
- Oslo, Norway: May 30
- Stockholm, Sweden: June 2
- Break for European Athletics Championships: June 6-11
- Break for USA Olympic Trials: June 21-30
- Paris, France: July 7
- Monaco: July 12
- London, UK: July 20
- Break for Paris Olympics: July 26 – August 11
- Lausanne, Switzerland: August 22
- Silesia, Poland: August 25
- Rome, Italy: August 29
- Zurich, Switzerland: September 5
- Brussels, Belgium: September 13-14