The live streaming and results coverage of the 2023 Pikes Peak Marathon, including WAVE TIMES on Sunday, 17 September. Below you will find the complete day’s schedule for the second day, following an exciting first day on Saturday.
After the pre-race activities, the 2023 Pikes Peak Marathon Wave 1 starts at 7:00 a.m. local time in Colorado. The race starts in front of Manitou Springs’ City Hall and ends at Pikes Peak Summit. Live streaming coverage could be available here.
What is the Pikes Peak Marathon?
The Pikes Peak Marathon is widely regarded as the third longest-running marathon in the United States and was first held in 1956. The oldest continually held marathon in the nation as attracted several local, national and international runners and this year’s field is just as packed. The race is also the most challenging marathon in the USA.
WHEN IS THE 2023 PIKES PEAK MARATHON?
Race to the summit of Pikes Peak and then descend America’s Mountain during this 26.2-mile journey. Below is the complete day’s schedule on Sunday.
Date: Sunday, September 17, 2023
Time: Race begins at 7:00 a.m.; Pre-race staging, bib pick-up and sweat check begin at 5:30 a.m.
Location: Pre-race staging occurs in Memorial Park; Race begins in front of Manitou Springs’ City Hall; Race ends at Soda Springs Park.
2023 Pikes Peak Marathon schedule Today
Sunday, September 17 Full Schedule
- 5:30 am – 7:00 am – Bib Pick-Up – Marathon Only @ Memorial Park, Manitou Springs
- 5:30 am – 7:00 am – Sweat Check – Marathon @ Memorial Park, Manitou Springs
- 5:30 am – 7:00 am – Pre-Race Staging – Marathon
- 7:00 am – START of the 2023 Pikes Peak Marathon Wave 1 start + gun
- 7:02am – Wave 2 start + Announcer ‘go’
- 7:03am – Wave 3 start + Announcer ‘go’*each remaining wave begins 60 seconds after previous wave
- 10:00 am – 11:15 am – Approximate time of first male and first female finishers
*Female Record: 4:02:41 (Maude Mathys 2019)
*Male Record: 3:16:39 (Matt Carpenter 1993)
*Female Doubler Record: 7:19:23 (Kim Dobson 2016)
*Male Doubler Record: 5:47:51 (Matt Carpenter 1989)
- 10:00 am – 4:00 pm – Merchandise Sales – Soda Springs Park
- 10:00 am – 5:30 pm – Post Race Party, Music and Beer, Marathon Finisher Item Distribution – Soda Springs Park
- 1:30 pm – Awards Ceremony – Top 5 Overall*, Masters – Soda Springs Park
- 4:00 pm – Awards Ceremony – Age Group – Soda Springs Park
- 5:10 pm – Marathon Finish Line Closes
*Overall winners receive cash prizes, winners MUST be present to receive cash prizes.